Sunday, February 3, 2013

introduction.

My name is April Truong and I am a Visual Communications student. My design interests are motion graphics and web design. I love movies, but I'm not quite an aficionado. 

I draw inspiration from pop culture, movies, t.v. shows, title sequences, comics, design/art from now and then, etc. I also get some of my creative kicks from Guillermo del Toro, Tarsem Singh, David Fincher, Kyle Cooper, Rob Sheridan, J.H. Williams III, and Mike Mignola. I am definitely one of those who "judge books by their covers". If I don't find something visually stunning, I tend to have a hard time getting on board.

One thing that influences me to be a designer is definitely title sequences. It was probably the intro for Juno that made me want to design title sequences. I also love all of Saul Bass' designs.

After graduation, I'm planning to pursue more digital media classes at my local community college. And as of now, I have no idea what is in store for me professionally. I know I definitely want to work on motion graphics for movies, t.v. shows, or anything really. I think in general I just want to work on something that involves storytelling.

various screen shots from the title sequence of scott pilgrim
 
6 Words: Neurotic, Introspective, Observant, Nocturnal, Unorganized, Worker

No comments:

Post a Comment